Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have Mac OS X 10,7.5 and my I Photo will not operate. I need an update now ?

I cannot use my mac with the I Photo version that came with this apple.

What do I have to do to be able to use it. I was fine yesterday now it won't work.? help.

Posted on Jun 20, 2013 10:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2013 10:46 AM

Remember: we cannot see your machine. There are 9 different versions of iPhoto and they run on 8 different versions of the Operating System. The tricks and tips for dealing with issues vary depending on the version of iPhoto and the version of the OS. So to get help you need to give as much information as you can. Basic things like :

- What version of iPhoto.

- What version of the Operating System.

- Details. As full a description of the problem as you can. For instance: 'iPhoto won't export' is best explained by describing how you are trying to export, and so on.

- History: Is this going on long? Has anything been installed or deleted?

- Are there error messages?

- What steps have you tried already to solve the issue.

- Anything unusual about your set up? Or how you use iPhoto?

Anything else you can think of that might help someone understand the problem you have.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2013 10:46 AM in response to bwpetree

Remember: we cannot see your machine. There are 9 different versions of iPhoto and they run on 8 different versions of the Operating System. The tricks and tips for dealing with issues vary depending on the version of iPhoto and the version of the OS. So to get help you need to give as much information as you can. Basic things like :

- What version of iPhoto.

- What version of the Operating System.

- Details. As full a description of the problem as you can. For instance: 'iPhoto won't export' is best explained by describing how you are trying to export, and so on.

- History: Is this going on long? Has anything been installed or deleted?

- Are there error messages?

- What steps have you tried already to solve the issue.

- Anything unusual about your set up? Or how you use iPhoto?

Anything else you can think of that might help someone understand the problem you have.

Oct 19, 2013 11:54 PM in response to gcmardon

No, it sounds like a faulty install. Reinstall is the next step:

To re-install iPhoto

1. Put the iPhoto.app in the trash (Drag it from your Applications Folder to the trash)

2. Download it from the App Store to reinstall It's on your Purchases List* there.

For older versions that have been installed from Disk you'll need these additional steps:

2a: On 10.5: Go to HD/Library/Receipts and remove any pkg file there with iPhoto in the name.

2b: On 10.6: Those receipts may be found as follows: In the Finder use the Go menu and select Go To Folder. In the resulting window type

/var/db/receipts/

2c: on 10.7 or later they're at

/private/var/db/receipts

A Finder Window will open at that location and you can remove the iPhoto pkg files.

3. Re-install.

If you purchased an iLife Disk, then iPhoto is on it.

If iPhoto was installed on your Mac when you go it then it’s on the System Restore disks that came with your Mac. Insert the first one and opt to ‘Install Bundled Applications Only.

*Sometimes iPhoto is not visible on the Purchases List. it may be hidden. See this article for details on how to unhide it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

One question often asked: Will I lose my Photos if I reinstall?

iPhoto the application and the iPhoto Library are two different parts of the iPhoto programme. So, reinstalling the app should not affect the Library. BUT you should always have a back up before doing this kind of work. Always.

I have Mac OS X 10,7.5 and my I Photo will not operate. I need an update now ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.