Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't partition HD!

Hello all,

Hopefully someone can help me with this. I've looked and looked in existing forums and can't really find anything that helps me.

Some background information:

I previously had Windows 7 installed in Bootcamp (no problems)

I then installed Linux Ubuntu 12.0 on a different partition and installed Refit as well.

Refit worked, but Linux would not boot (except from the DVD).

I then found out that Windows would not boot either. OSX works fine to this point.

I tried to delete the Linux partition to return everything back to the way it was and I then had 80 GB of free space on my HD.

When I tried to partition my HD I kept getting the message like "HD verification failed"...

Imagine this... as I'm typing this out, I'm trying to partition the HD (with no hope), mainly to give you the exact message, and it works. Maybe this post will help someone else with my problem if someone can tell me what the heck was going on. Sorry if the ending was dissapointing, but I'm happy now! haha

Thanks

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jun 20, 2013 10:31 AM

1 reply

Can't partition HD!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.