Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

downloaded song still shows up under "Not on this iPhone"

Hello,

I have a song that is clearly on my iPhone, but it still shows up under iTunes > More > Purchased > Music > Not on This iPhone

When I tap the song, the iCloud icon appears next to it (I don't know why - the song is on my iPhone), and when I "re-download" it, the iCloud icon turns into PLAY ... but then I go back to reload the list and the iCloud icon reappears next to it again.

I even tried closing all applications and resetting the iPhone.

Does anyone know what's wrong? Why would a purchased song that has been downloaded still show up under Not on This iPhone in iTunes?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4, E-Case iSeries iPhone case

Posted on Jun 20, 2013 9:23 AM

2 replies

Jun 20, 2013 9:47 AM in response to Pismo

UPDATE:

I tried deleting the song to see if I could simply redownload it. I went back to the Not on This iPhone list and the song showed up twice.

It appears to have been a duplicate song error ... The original song that I purchased had a misspelled title - Apple must have updated the title, so iCloud gets confused. It lists both titles, the original song with the misspelled title and also the song with the corrected title. Since it can't have the same purchased song on a device twice, whichever song with a different title just keeps showing up under Not on This iPhone because the different title can't be found in my library.

downloaded song still shows up under "Not on this iPhone"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.