Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SETUP FOR NEW SYSTEM

I did a migration form my macbook to a mac mini.

aperture was preinstalled on macbook so i do not have CD(DVD).

Now my version of aperture on the mini is asking every time for serie number.

When opened it tells my it is Unlicensed, does anyone have a solution for my problem

thanks in advance.

Aperture 3, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jun 20, 2013 9:34 AM

5 replies

Jun 20, 2013 9:39 AM in response to keesnoor

I did a migration form my macbook to a mac mini.

aperture was preinstalled on macbook so i do not have CD(DVD).

But the preinstalled version probably has a Registration number, even if it came preinstalled.

Do you still have the MacBook?

Then launch Aperture and open the "About" panel - from the main menu bar: Aperture > About Aperture.

Tha panel will show you the Registration number.

Write it down and enter it on your mini.

Regards

Léonie

Jun 20, 2013 10:10 AM in response to keesnoor

Kees,

Be sure to enter the serial number, when you are logged in from an account with Administrator priveleges - otherwise can it not be stored.

Aperture is installed for all users on your mac, so the serial number is written to the system library, not the user library, and this requires read/write access for administrators. Do you enter your serial number using an administrator account?

I did problem still occures.

Does the mini not accept the serial number (error Wrong serial number) or is it asking over and over again on start-up?

If the mini does not accept the serial number, check if you confused some letters, when you wrote the serial number down and enter it again, see: Troubleshooting Professional Application Serial Numbers

If it is accepting the serial number, but forgetting it, you still may have an older ProAppSystemID file or Aperture cannot write to the System Library.

To stop Aperture asking for the serial number, first check, if you still have an old file "ProAppSystemID" in your System Library.

• Quit Aperture.
  • Go to your MacintoshHD and open the folder "Library", then "Application Support", then "ProApps".
  • Remove the File "ProAppsSystemID" to the Desktop, if it exist and restart Aperture.
  • Reenter your serial number, hopefully for the last time.

Sometimes Aperture writes this file "ProAppSystemID" to a temporary directory, when it cannot write to the Library. If the above does not work, look at the temporary directory /tmp

Use the Finder's "Go" menu

Go > Got to folder and enter /tmp into the textfield. If you see the file there, move it to its proper location.

Léonie

SETUP FOR NEW SYSTEM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.