Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I had iTunes all set up on my last computer & it worked just fine but my computer crashed & I lost it all. Now I have set up iTunes on my new computer, have downloaded music on my own (not using iTunes) & it won't sync.

When I go into settings and what not in my iPod it does say "waiting for.....(my old PC) to sync". How can I get my new computer connected?

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jun 20, 2013 2:33 PM

4 replies

Jun 20, 2013 2:48 PM in response to littlenikki15

Of course not. ITunes will not allow music to sync if it is not legally purchased, either from the iTunes Store or as a CD that is imported to the library.

Download iTunes on the new computer and authorize it to your Apple Account.

Your iTunes purchases are always available to you once you buy them, you own them. Go to the store and find 'purchases' in the right column. Click on it and sign in with the Apple ID used to buy music etc. click on the cloud icon to download to the new computer.

You can check you account on the new computer to make sure your device is added.

I had iTunes all set up on my last computer & it worked just fine but my computer crashed & I lost it all. Now I have set up iTunes on my new computer, have downloaded music on my own (not using iTunes) & it won't sync.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.