Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Double push notification on every app !

Hi,

Last weekend I installed iOS7 (I have a developer account) on my iPhone 5 to try it for a few days.

Then when I restored it to iOS6 (it was possible as it happened that the original .ipsw iOS6 file was still in my iTunes folder), but since I have kept one of the iOS7 bugs !

When I was on iOS7, I got double notifications for the apps I managed to launch (when 1 popped up, a second appeared 1min later).

However this still happens on iOS6.

To restore it, I have used a backup older than the WWDC keynote date, so it shouldn't have kept anything related to iOS7.

Any idea ?

Cheers

E.

iPhone 5

Posted on Jun 20, 2013 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2013 9:25 AM

I finally managed to solve the problem by myself.

For those who face the same issue than I do, you will need to put your device into DFU mode, and proceed to a fresh install (no backups !).

After investigating a little bit on this issue, it seems that the device has a push notification ID : it remained the same even after restoring with backup. As it received double notifications with this ID, it apparently needed to be reset by a fresh install.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2013 9:25 AM in response to numa320

I finally managed to solve the problem by myself.

For those who face the same issue than I do, you will need to put your device into DFU mode, and proceed to a fresh install (no backups !).

After investigating a little bit on this issue, it seems that the device has a push notification ID : it remained the same even after restoring with backup. As it received double notifications with this ID, it apparently needed to be reset by a fresh install.

Jun 25, 2013 7:58 AM in response to go2apple

Hi,

Actually, in my case, it seems like the problem came from the backup itself.

I first tried a clean install after putting my device into DFU mode, and then restored with a backup : it did not work, even with a backup created before the WWDC keynote event...

So I tried again, but this time setting it as a new device, and it now works just like before.

I hope this helps.

E.

Double push notification on every app !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.