Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App store repeatedly asking for password.

I'm going nuts here.

I can not make purchases through the app store on my ipad mini (6.1.3) and with the exact same problem on my iphone 4 (6.1.2). The password I am entering is 100% correct, I am able to login to my apple ID online through apple.com without problem. I have also changed the password which has not solved the problem.

The app store seems to function correctly and I was even able to install updates to a number of apps, while at the same time having this problem.

After selecting Buy App, the 'Apple ID Password' dialogue box appears, after entering the PW, the 'verification Required' box appears (Before you can make purchases, you must tap continue to sign in, then verify your payment info). After selecting continue the first 'Apple ID Password' box appears again, entering the PW again, a larger white box appears behind (where billing info would appear), then the Apple ID Password box appears again.... You get the idea, infinite loop.

I have searched and searched these boards and have tried all answers I could find along similar lines, I have logged out of all services that use the apple ID, deleted icloud info, reset the ipad/phone, entered the details again. Interestingly when re-entering icloud details in settings it accepts the same PW straight away, it is only when making app purchases that I have this issue.

One small variation I have randomly encountered during the password entry attempts, after the second PW entry I am taken to the larger white box where I see my billing details, but it has the 3 digit security entry red and empty (even though I checked these details were correct using the apple ID login function through Apple.com). After entering the digits and hitting go, not 10 seconds pass since the box appeared, and the box states 'Your session has timed out, please try again'. Which is another problem I have found here on these boards. This has happened on maybe 3 occasions out of the 20+ attempts I've made this evening.

The issue also seems to effect the App store on my MacBook Pro (10.6.8). The app store opens without issue, when navigating to store - view my account brings up the Password box, I enter the password and it just repeats and repeats in the same manner as on the ipad and phone.

Help!

Posted on Jun 20, 2013 4:32 PM

1 reply

App store repeatedly asking for password.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.