Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to install the latest update for HP Printers, it will not completely install ,now my printers won't work. Help!

I am trying to install the latest update for HP Printers, it will not completely install ,now my printers won't work. Help!

Posted on Jun 20, 2013 4:33 PM

2 replies

Jun 21, 2013 8:03 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Hello Carolyn - Thank you for your quick response to my concerns, I had already gone to the HP support site and tried to get the latest HP drivers, the site said for Lion 10.7 there was NA version. So, I just used my time machine to replaced the OS from that time spot. I got my printers working again, so all right with the printer. But, the fact remains that I still keep getting the New Update HP Printer in the software update window. But, what happens if I try to download and install it is this: It starts the download, everything seems to come down fine, it starts write the files and then starts moving items into place, the blue bar fills to all most the end and slows down to a stop and never completes the installation. I have left my laptop on over night and it never finishes the operation. I can only force quit the software update. Which has knock out my printer drivers. Now, I just keep unchecking the box in the software updates for new HP printer software. Is anyone else having this problem or is it just my system? Sincerely: Professor G

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.