Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New to Apple

I will have my first session at the Apple Store today at 4PM, An Introduction to iMac. I received the computer in the mail three days ago and Ive already built a website, loaded all the apps I want and started playing Second Life... It seems very easy to get around and I have discovered many Windows alternitives, I am disabled and can only use my right hand so I've given the Accessability Features a glance...

Any hints tricks or shortcuts you want to share with me would be totally appreciated???? <3

Robin

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jun 20, 2013 6:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2013 8:14 PM

G'day, Mate!

Be sure to fully examine the joys of the Dictation app. You can dictate emails in Mail, Documents/Reports in word processing apps, in Apple's video/audiio/text message app, for starters. It really great!

Welcome to the group, by the way. We're all other Mac users here helping to share solutions.

All the best, and see ya around.

🙂

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2013 8:14 PM in response to Robinzz3

G'day, Mate!

Be sure to fully examine the joys of the Dictation app. You can dictate emails in Mail, Documents/Reports in word processing apps, in Apple's video/audiio/text message app, for starters. It really great!

Welcome to the group, by the way. We're all other Mac users here helping to share solutions.

All the best, and see ya around.

🙂

Jun 20, 2013 8:55 PM in response to Robinzz3

Hi again, Robin --

Here's some other ideas:

1. http://www.customtyping.com/tutorials/kb/one_handed_technique.htm (free)

2. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/one-hand-keyboard-one-hand/id465275525?mt=12

Download a FREE demo instantly

Simply click one of the buttons above to download your free demo of the One-Hand Keyboard typing software. Typing one-handed is simple and easy-to-learn using the app. You will be able to type with one hand in minutes.

The Mac OS X version of One-Hand Keyboard is downloadable through the Mac App Store. This is the easiest way to download and install apps on your Mac.

Use for as long as you need to

The free demo versions of One-Hand Keyboard do not expire. They will continue to work, even after 30 or 60 days.

Use the trial version to become a great one-hand typist. Then unlock the full version of the app for additional one-handed typing capabilities.

Use with any USB or laptop keyboard

One-Hand Keyboard is a software application, not a new physical keyboard. You can download the app instantly, and immediately start typing with one hand.

The One-Hand Keyboard app works with any handware keyboard you own. Use the keyboard on your laptop, or plug in a USB keyboard. The app allows you to type with one hand using any normal hardware keyboard.

Message was edited by: ~Bee

Jun 20, 2013 10:21 PM in response to TildeBee

Thanks Bee, I have watched the evolution of one-handed keyboards for many years now but I really am finding it easier to use the dictation service in this new iMac. Even speaking with an Australian accent I'm getting about 90% clarity.

Thank you for your time and researching these options I really appreciate any help I can get with any aspect of using my new computer, I must say I'm totally in love with the Mac I can't believe I never went out and bought one earlier.

This whole reply is dictated and I think I've had about three errors... <3

New to Apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.