Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mountain Lion update says that I may have issues with software. The main one I am worried about is:

So, what's with this? What does it mean? What are the reprocussions?

I am mostly worried that my LaCie won't work. I've backed up all my photos on it. Should I delete the new update? If so, how? The notice I got after downloading read as follows:

"Incompatible software

Some of the software on your computer is incompatible with this version of OS X. Because this software may cause problems with your computer, it has been moved. You can delete incompatible software that was moved.

Incompatible software on your computer was moved to a folder named "Incompatible Software" on your startup disk:

LaCie USB 3.0 Driver: this version of LaCie USB 3.0 Driver is not compatible with this version of OS X."

Hope someone can help me.

E

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), It "was" 10.7.5 before the update .

Posted on Jun 21, 2013 1:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2013 2:19 AM

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

OS X moves unsupported apps and extensions automatically to a special folder and disables them. If not, you will start seeing kernel panics and your Mac Pro wouldn't work correctly.

If your LaCie devices are working properly, there's nothing to worry. If not, download the most recent version from the LaCie site > http://www.lacie.com/us/support/drivers/driver.htm?id=10239

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2013 2:19 AM in response to evangelinemydearest

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

OS X moves unsupported apps and extensions automatically to a special folder and disables them. If not, you will start seeing kernel panics and your Mac Pro wouldn't work correctly.

If your LaCie devices are working properly, there's nothing to worry. If not, download the most recent version from the LaCie site > http://www.lacie.com/us/support/drivers/driver.htm?id=10239

My Mountain Lion update says that I may have issues with software. The main one I am worried about is:

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.