Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watermark Creation?

How do I create a watermark so that I can insert it onto my photos at time of export. I have read the instructions for adding a watermark but it doesn't explain how to create the watermark in the first place. I know it has to be saved as a PSD file in order to import it onto the photo but how do I create it? All I want to do at this point is add "©Name, 2013" Many thanx for your help.....................................

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jun 21, 2013 12:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2013 2:15 AM

I know it has to be saved as a PSD file in order to import it onto the photo but how do I create it?

Dave, you can also use .png files - any image file with an alpha channel for transparency will do.

Only, Aperture does not support the creation of files with alpha channel Use any editor that can do it - PhotoShop, Pixelmator, Graphic Converter, the free Gimp.

Or for just one file with a signature use Preview.

Write your signature with the font and size you want in Textedit or your preferred editor. Export a pdf or - if possible a png - of the signature and open this in Preview.

Open the image in Preview. If it is a pdf, crop it (Tools > Rectangular selection, Tools > Crop) and export is as png (File > Export).

• Open the png in Preview.
  • Show the "Editing Toolbar": View > Show Editing Toolbar.
  • Select the "Instant Alpha Tool" and drag it over the background. (The tool looks like a magic wand)
  • This should select the complete background. Press "Edit > Delete" to clear the background.

Save it to a png file and you are done.

Good Luck

User uploaded file

Note: Once your image has a transparent background, you can select any non-transparent region with the "Instant Transparency Tool" and make it transparent by using "Edit > Delete".

This way you can make the enclosed backgound in the letters D, e, o transparent as well.

User uploaded file

Regards

Léonie

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2013 2:15 AM in response to DaveMurray49

I know it has to be saved as a PSD file in order to import it onto the photo but how do I create it?

Dave, you can also use .png files - any image file with an alpha channel for transparency will do.

Only, Aperture does not support the creation of files with alpha channel Use any editor that can do it - PhotoShop, Pixelmator, Graphic Converter, the free Gimp.

Or for just one file with a signature use Preview.

Write your signature with the font and size you want in Textedit or your preferred editor. Export a pdf or - if possible a png - of the signature and open this in Preview.

Open the image in Preview. If it is a pdf, crop it (Tools > Rectangular selection, Tools > Crop) and export is as png (File > Export).

• Open the png in Preview.
  • Show the "Editing Toolbar": View > Show Editing Toolbar.
  • Select the "Instant Alpha Tool" and drag it over the background. (The tool looks like a magic wand)
  • This should select the complete background. Press "Edit > Delete" to clear the background.

Save it to a png file and you are done.

Good Luck

User uploaded file

Note: Once your image has a transparent background, you can select any non-transparent region with the "Instant Transparency Tool" and make it transparent by using "Edit > Delete".

This way you can make the enclosed backgound in the letters D, e, o transparent as well.

User uploaded file

Regards

Léonie

Watermark Creation?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.