Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to download film due to lack of available space, tried downloading this film in SD instead of HD, but seems to be stuck with HD version stuck in downloading mode

Unable to download a HD film due to lack of space on ipad, tried downloading it again in SD but will not let me do this, seems to be stuck in downloading mode on HD version, anyone know how to resolve this please

iPad 2, iOS 6

Posted on Jun 21, 2013 3:08 AM

1 reply

Jun 23, 2013 11:51 AM in response to Billymcguinness

Hi Billymcguinness,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues downloading an HD movie to your iPad.

To free up space on your iPad, follow these steps:

iOS: 'Not enough free space' alert when trying to sync

Try turning off the automatic syncing functions for the iOS device. To do this:

1. Select the iOS device under Devices on the left side of the iTunes window and click the Summary tab.
  2. Deselect "Automatically sync when this device is connected" and select the "Sync only checked songs and videos" checkbox.
  3. Click Apply to sync the changes to the device.
  4. Reduce the amount of data that is being synced to the device and resync the device. For example, if syncing your Music library exceeds the memory capacity of the device, choose "Selected playlists" to transfer rather than "All songs and playlists" under the Music tab in iTunes.

iTunes Store: Viewing and downloading HD content on iPad

If you prefer to sync SD video content to iPad:

1. With iPad connected to your computer, select it on the left side of the iTunes window.
  2. Click the Summary Tab.
  3. Scroll down to the Options section and select the checkbox for "Prefer standard definition videos."
  4. Now when you sync videos to iPad, only SD versions will be synced.

To resume the download, I would suggest you sign out of your iTunes account, restart the iPad and sign back in:

Settings > iTunes & App Stores > Tap on your Apple ID account > Tap Sign Out

iTunes: How to resume interrupted iTunes Store downloads

1. From the Home screen, tap the iTunes icon.
  2. For iPhone/iPod touch, tap More > Downloads. For iPad, tapDownloads.
  3. Enter your account name and password.
  4. Click the "OK" button.
  5. Click the Resume or Resume All button to start the download.

You may be able to swipe right to left on "Tap to resume download" to Delete the download if you wish.

I hope this information helps ....

Have a great day!

- Judy

Unable to download film due to lack of available space, tried downloading this film in SD instead of HD, but seems to be stuck with HD version stuck in downloading mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.