Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nokia 6280 wont pair or isync

Ok I am trying to set up my new nokia 6280 with bluetooth and isync. When I go to bluetooth and select "Set up new device..." It says looking for device, find it then goes to "Gathering infomation about this phone.." and just hangs there.

Normaly I would then get prompted on screen with a pair code and asked to put it into my mobile but it never gets that far.

Anyone got any ideas?

I'm running isync 2.2 the mobile is RM v3.65 the latest from Nokia. I should accouding to the isync page be able to do calendar and address book with the phone as I have been about to with my Nokia 6230 for over a year now.

Any help would be great!

Thank you in advance!

..Raven..

PS. I have also tryed to pair the computer from the phone and it find the mac but then says passcode but I have not set one up? HELP!

G4 Quicksilver Mac OS X (10.4.6) Dlink bluetooth adapter

Posted on Jun 6, 2006 7:31 PM

5 replies

Jun 7, 2006 10:51 PM in response to RavenD

Okay got the answer. It turns out it's the bluetooth adapter on your mac that's causing the problem. I had a dodgy USB bluetooth dongle from Indonesia that worked fine with my old Nokia 6600 but didn't work at all with the 6280.

But now I've plugged in a different model bluetooth dongle it works. I found the reasoning behind it here from this discussion here: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=454430&tstart=15

Apparently it's some sort of standards conflict.

Good luck getting yours to work Raven!

Nokia 6280 wont pair or isync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.