Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues uploading Podcast with Podbean

I have been using Podbean for almost four years and 197 episodes. I have never had an issue with an upload and they were almost automaticly posting into iTunes.

http://cruiseandblog.podbean.com/feed/

When I upload they instantly syndicate out to my app (cruise radio live), TuneIn Radio and Stitcher Radio. None of that has happened yet.

Podbean just upgraded their user dashboard and was wondering if anyone had any advice on what could be going wrong. A mass amount of my audience subscribes via iTunes.

When I email support they tell me that my feeds checks out okay.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance for any help. doug

Posted on Jun 21, 2013 8:46 AM

3 replies

Jun 21, 2013 8:54 AM in response to douglaspar

The Store shows episodes 179 to 196. When subscribing, episodes 188 to 196 are showing, and this is also what's in the feed; so episodes 179 to 187 will disappear from the Store the next time it updates.

The feed contains a later episode, 197; however this does not have an 'enclosure' tag containing the URL of the media file, as required by iTunes (and present in your earlier episodes): iTunes does not display episodes with no playable media. Evidently there is something you need to do which you did on previous episodes but have failed to do here to make it an iTunes-compatible episode.

As to the missing earlier episodes, many podcast creation programs and services limit the number of episodes in the feed, moving older ones out of the feed and the main page and onto an archive page. It rather looks as if Podbean has reset itself to ten episodes (the number actually in the feed including 197); there is presumably a setting for this where you can increase the number.

Issues uploading Podcast with Podbean

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.