Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is iTunes missing songs that it shows are in the cloud?

I just got a new computer - and I turned on iTunes Match. 2,503 songs downloaded fine. Two are listed as in the cloud, but for two days I have repeatedly tried to download them from the cloud, but nothing happens.

I am afraid to sync with my devices until the songs are there, and I could then deauthorize my old computer, which has the songs, and iMatch turned on. I'm afraid I will lose the two songs.

Also, I don't put ALL my music on my iPhone due to capacity, and I tried to drag a new album I ripped to it, and it won't let me, and I can't click "manually manage my music and videos" without syncing to the new computer.

Any suggestions?

Hal

Posted on Jun 21, 2013 1:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2013 9:56 PM

You should move your music and other personal data to the new computer using one of the methods in this Apple KB article: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4527?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US. iTunes Match is really not the best, most effective or most efficient way to do it. Also, you need to be backing up your personal data to an external HDD. If you are not doing so already, start immediately.

For help with associating the iPhone with the new computer you should post to the Using iPhone forum.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2013 9:56 PM in response to haroldwrpr

You should move your music and other personal data to the new computer using one of the methods in this Apple KB article: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4527?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US. iTunes Match is really not the best, most effective or most efficient way to do it. Also, you need to be backing up your personal data to an external HDD. If you are not doing so already, start immediately.

For help with associating the iPhone with the new computer you should post to the Using iPhone forum.

Why is iTunes missing songs that it shows are in the cloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.