Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am getting a band of fuzzy, pixelated stuff running across my screen. What is going on?

I am getting a band of fuzzy, pixelated stuff running across my screen. What is going on?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Jun 21, 2013 3:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2013 3:36 PM

It's hard to say what it could be, but try rebooting your iPad and see if it goes away.

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up

If that doesn't work, maybe you can provide some details - what you were doing when it first happened, when does it happen and so on.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2013 3:36 PM in response to Krys49

It's hard to say what it could be, but try rebooting your iPad and see if it goes away.

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up

If that doesn't work, maybe you can provide some details - what you were doing when it first happened, when does it happen and so on.

Jun 21, 2013 4:01 PM in response to Demo

I have re-booted as described. This just started happening and is periodic. I will have to wait and see if this fixed it. It seems to start doing it after I have been using the device for a period of time. I had gone in to a cafe and had to input a very long password to get in. It started right after that. It happened again when I got home.

Jun 21, 2013 4:52 PM in response to Krys49

I agree with Ralph that it should probably be seen by an Apple Genius, but on the odd chance that some app is corrupt on your iPad and causing this behavior for whatever reason, you could try closing all apps in the recents tray and see if it goes away again. When you start launching you apps again - if the behavior returns - you might be able to pin it down to the most recently launched app as the culprit.

It's a long shot, but you never know.

Jun 21, 2013 5:05 PM in response to Krys49

Sure. This is how you close apps from the recents tray. The overwhelming majority of these apps are not running, but every once in a while, one of them could act up if the apps has corrupt data in it, or of the app it self is problematic. For instance if it crashes on you with some regularity.

Tap the home button once. Then tap the home button twice and the recents tray will appear at the bottom of the screen with all of your recently used apps in it. Tap and hold down on any app icon until it begins to wiggle. Tap the minus ➖ sign in the upper left corner of the app that you want to close. Tap the home button when you are done to stop the apps from wiggling. Then tap the home button again.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.