Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Enable Smart Views or Smart Folders in Reminders

I used Reminders to keep track of all my tasks across Mac OS X and my iOS devices. To manage the large number of reminders I have in there, it would be great to have a new feature for "Smart Views" or "Smart Folders" that allow you to see those tasks from different views, e.g.:

- by due date (e.g. all overdue tasks, tasks due this month)

- by flag (e.g. Urgent, Important, Unimportant)

- by priority (High, Medium, Low)

At the moment, the workaround is to create different reminder lists, which is cumbersome and only enables one perspective per task, not multiple.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jun 21, 2013 3:35 PM

2 replies

Nov 3, 2013 12:51 AM in response to flogoette

My guess is that Boolean Search will disappear from all Apple apps.

Notes for Apple Mountain Lion and iCloud are an indication. The iOS app is capable of boolean search, not the versions for iCloud and OS X 10.8, however.

The new iWork for iCloud and Mavericks is another indication. I have a guess as to what the cause could be: Boolean Search is not possible with JavaScript. Something that is not possible with iCloud in a webbrowser by JavaScript will disappear from iOS and OS X.

As well as the practical smart folders that exist nowhere except in Apple Mail.

A sharp step backwards, not to achieve simple operation, but due to technical limitations of a programming language.

Enable Smart Views or Smart Folders in Reminders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.