Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

27" BRAND NEW iMac has image retention issues after 12 minutes of usage

I have to use EVERY app in Fullscreen to prevent image retention on my display.

I can fix it by running the screensaver, but 12 minutes? COME ON.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jun 21, 2013 3:09 PM

8 replies

Jun 21, 2013 3:18 PM in response to Ralph Landry1

Both great answers. However, I am looking at the bigger issue for a few reasons.

1. I am an ACMT, trained by Apple and worked for Apple at this particular store location.

2. This is actually a replacement for a machine they failed to properly repair, and then damaged, which is why I have this machine now.

I want to know is this is a bigger issue, to properly report it to Apple corporate, before I just go in and let them take my machine apart, therefore beginning the degredation of the internal components. Plus, the replacement of this LCD in this particular machine, is a much bigger process than it was on the previous machines, hence a more invasive repair.

I want my machine to last it's longest life possible, and if I can gather evidence this is a bigger issue, then I will have ammunition for the request for a replacement machine.

Make sense?

Jun 21, 2013 3:36 PM in response to TA_Tellez

This is not a bigger issue, it's simply a repair issue. If your machine is new as claimed you have 14 days to request a refund or exchange. If it's older than 14 days you have a 1 year warranty. This is very very simple, take the machine into your local Apple Store and request that is be serviced or replaced if it's less than 14 days old. If they repaired machine isn't working still then again it's a warranty issue. As a general rule of thumb when in for repair always test a machine at the store prior to bringing it home.

Jun 21, 2013 3:49 PM in response to TA_Tellez

I am getting a little more confused by this...you are an ACMT who worked at the store where this machine is from...and this machine with the image retention issue is a replacement for another machine (you had?) that was damaged while in for repair.

Do I have this right so far?

What is a bigger issue, the screen image retention or the repair service at this store?

Frankly, I fail to see why you would hang on to a faultyiece of equipment for future reporting, or whatever, and not get it fixed or replaced as soon as possible.

I feel as though I am missing something in here am I?

Jun 21, 2013 3:52 PM in response to Ralph Landry1

Don't overthink it. I am "hanging out
on a machine, so I don't have to part with my machine for 7-10 days as I work on it daily. Looking to see if there is a justification for requesting a replacement.

Your initial paragraph was correct, and the reality is the "bigger issue" is both of those things. The service levels in this particular store, as well as the number of complaints for this same issue that I see dispersed around.

As an ACMT you can report known issues, or other items to engineering. I am simply looking to do my due diligence on this matter.

27" BRAND NEW iMac has image retention issues after 12 minutes of usage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.