Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

somehow "clean my mac" is imbedded somewhere in my computer

while on a bit torrent site "clean my mac" would pop up. I did NOT download it, yet I get pop-up messages like "your trash has Xgb in it, do you want Clean My Mac to empty it?" Even if I choose YES, nothing happens. It is getting more frequent and usually the same message or variations of it. I can't find the app anywhere by spotlight or in system prefs. Where is this devious little devil hiding and how do I remove it?

Thanks, Barry

iMac OSX 10.8.4

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1), iPad Retina, iPhone 4s, MacBook Pro

Posted on Jun 21, 2013 6:19 PM

5 replies

Jun 25, 2013 1:35 AM in response to bwr248

Hi,

I'm really sorry for that issue happened to you. However if you are getting those pop-up messages - it means that you have CleanMyMac installed on your Mac as that's a Mac OS X push messages, same like other apps are using those.

You can disable those warnings in System Preferences --> Notifications. Just locate there CleanMyMac in the list and it's Helper Tool (real-time monitoring module) and uncheck notification checkboxes.

If you'll face any issues you can always contact MacPaw Customer support so they can help you with that case.

somehow "clean my mac" is imbedded somewhere in my computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.