Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help -- pages won't save

Suddenly pages won't save; it's telling me I have to activate the 30 day trial. I have owned the full version of pages since 2011.

Posted on Jun 21, 2013 8:44 PM

8 replies

Jun 24, 2013 11:19 AM in response to PeterBreis0807

I guess I'm puzzled as to why I have to install anything? I have had Pages installed since July of 2011. It has been working fine until last week when suddenly it gave me the following message: You cannot save, print or export documents until the iWorks 09 30-day trial has been activated,

(and I haven't upgraded my system). Nothing had changed. I never had the trial version of anything.

User uploaded file

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Jun 24, 2013 3:22 PM in response to TGaver

Getting the request for a serial number means that at some time you had the iWork ’09 trial installed. You need to delete the trial & then reinstall from the boxed DVD or the Mac App Store. The files to delete are the iWork ’09 folder from the main HD > Applications; the iWork ’09 folder in HD > Library > Application Support & the individual iWork application plist files found in HD > Users > (your account) > Library > Preferences for each user. The easiest way to fix the problem is to use Yvan Koenig's AppleScript that removes the files. You can find it on his box.com account in for_iWork'09 > other_iWork'09 items > uninstall iWork '09.zip. Download uninstall iWork '09.zip, decompress it, open it in AppleScript Editor and click the Run button.

Apple's support article on the subject says it's due to having a copy of the trial that is a higher version that the one you've purchased, but I'm not sure that is very common. This problem started with Snow Leopard & it seems to be some code in the iWork installers that doesn't do what it should.

User uploaded file

Jun 24, 2013 10:38 PM in response to PeterBreis0807

Lion. Lion.

I've not changed anything. And I bought each of the apps (Pages, Numbers, Keynote) from the app store and installed them. They've all been working just fine for two years and now there's this glitch. And I never had the trial version, unless it was pre-installed on the brand new mac when I bought it.

And I did try removing and reinstalling Pages. Same message

Jun 24, 2013 11:02 PM in response to Peggy

Peggy,

I did what you suggested and then reinstalled each of the apps (Pages, Numbers, Keynote).

It is still giving me the message.

And what's even more frustrating is that when I click on the serial number thing as though I'm going to buy iWorks, it takes me to the webpage which then shows all three already installed on my computer (which obviously they are, but still!) So it's like a circular cycle that I can't win.

I guess I'll have to take it to the Mac store and see what they can tell me. . .

unless there's something else to try?

thanks!

Tracey

Help -- pages won't save

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.