Currently Being ModeratedJun 21, 2013 10:45 PM (in response to strangetml)
Currently Being ModeratedJun 21, 2013 11:45 PM (in response to Linc Davis)
I reckon reindexing the volume can help correct the disk usage display issue? I highly appreciate your help here!
But a rather weird side note to what had just happened.
Since I posted the question up, I'd been constantly searching for solutions and looking at the HDDs (internal and external), trying to sum up what might have gone wrong by checking the space taken up. But for a long while, I left my laptop plugged with the Time Machine for a coupld of hours untouched. When I came back and continued my search, I realized suddenly the disk space had updated itself. All the mass delete of files and space change is shown now - which is all before I reindexed the system. What a weird time gap the system takes to correct things. Now things seemed alright.
Looking at the Daisydisk analysis. I concluded that it was a almost half size of mobilebackup that ate up the HDD space (~2xxGB). Now the analysis showed that big mobilebackup trunk is gone.