Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help, How can I recover my lost photos from my iPhone 4 without backup?

I have a lot of photos stored in my iPhone 4, but yesterday, I pressed the wrong button and my entire photos was deleted, very sadly. There are many import photos that stored for 1 year. I hope to recover them backup, I tried many data recovery tool, but it won’t recognize my iPhone 4, why and how can I recover my sms? If there any other tool can help? Thanks.

Posted on Jun 22, 2013 1:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2013 1:12 AM

You *might* be able to get them back with PhneView (mac) or TouchCopy (Windows), but it's not very likely.

Sorry

5 replies

Jun 22, 2013 4:17 AM in response to qiujian

I just encountered to see your question, and I'm very familiar with iOS system, so I'd like to answer your problem.

First, you should know that Apple iOS device doesn't use common SSD drive to store the data, it used the NANS Flash Memory to store the data, so the hard drive data recovery will not work on, but it is possible to restore your iPhone data.

I collected two methods to recover lost data from iOS devices:

Method 1: Restore from your iCloud backup

Restore from your iCloud backup, if you used iCloud to backup your phone, see iCloud: Backup and restore overview, or estore from a backup you made with iTunes on your mac or PC.

Method 2: recover with iPhone data recovery software

Even the data was deleted from iPhone, but it is still stored in the NAND flash drive, with iPhone data recovery, uses can easily restore deleted data from iPhone, iPod and iPad.

Suggestion: It is highly recommended to have a regular backup for your iPhone in order to minimize you’re lost of iPhone.

Hope my answer helps you!!!

<Link Edited By Host>

Feb 26, 2014 6:33 AM in response to qiujian

Even if you haven’t backed up your iPhone with iTunes manually, iTunes might have backed up it automatically each time you sync your iPhone with iTunes. If you have enabled iCloud, every time, your iPhone is connected to Wifi and a power source, and the screen is locked, iCloud will automatically backup your photos. So try to restore the deleted photos from iTunes or iCloud backup first if the backups were created before the deletion.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766

If you don’t want to restore your iPhone with an out-of-date backup, erase all the content and settings on your iPad, and go back to an older iOS version, try to extract your iPhone photos from your iTunes or iCloud backup with the iPhone backup extractor.

Other than restoring from iTunes or iCloud backup, there are still at least 3 other solutions for you to recover deleted photos from iPhone:

1. Extracting from previous iTunes backup;
  2. Retrieving directly from iPhone;
  3. Copying from other backups.

As for recovering SMS, see this iPhone SMS recovery tutorial.

Help, How can I recover my lost photos from my iPhone 4 without backup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.