Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best way to convert audio to midi?

Hi.

I am in the process of layering/replacing drums and will need to create midi from some of my drum tracks.

Here is the ways I found so far:

Region to new sampler track:

- Pro: You can use transientmarkers as base for creating midi (which is the way I prefer)

- Con: All velocities gets the same (?)

Drum replacement / Audio to Score:

- Pro: Midi velocities based on the transients

- Con: You can not generate midi based on transientmarkers. You need to use a threshold setting,

which means you get a hard time if you have a lot of "spill" in the track.

So, is the above observations right?

In my dream world I would like to base the midi on transient markers and get velocities based on the transients. Is this possible?

All the best!

Posted on Jun 22, 2013 3:06 AM

1 reply

Jun 22, 2013 2:58 PM in response to Mastergod

You're asking a bit much from automated processes there, I think - I mean, making a sampler instrument could well be a good idea, but you can't expect it to include how you're thinking about it with different velocities like you would with a set of drum samples versus a set of string samples, they're gonna be completely different - that's the bit you have to think about when you're building sampler instruments though, innit ?

There are a few different ways of translating audio to MIDI data - it might work for drums with Logic's own thing - it might need some editing, as well, not difficult but a bit tedious. To me, this is where Melodyne comes into its own.

Best way to convert audio to midi?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.