Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my iPhone is useless!

Hi,

This is a post for Apple reps or anyone who can reply with a usefull tip, feedback or information.

The ' Find my iPhone' feature on my 4s is not working properly. I think the issue is about the maps, because whenever I've tested this tool the location of my phone was really far from where I actually was at that time...

Given the tech we have these days I think this tool can be significantly improved, and it really should! What's the point of having this app installed on the iPhone, iPad or any other iDevice if it does not work?! What if someone actually does misplace their phone or it is stolen? What then? They go and try to use this app which sends them hundreds of miles from where the phone is! Good! Now they stand in the middle of a lake or on the roof of a building - like idiots!

The ONLY thing about this service which does something good is the posibility to wipe the phone. This is great, if I lose my phone I would be really happy that i can delete it and go buy another iPhone?! Is this the point? Well... I am not, and others should't either. We spend hundreds or thousands of euros, dollars, pounds, pula (you get the point) on these 'premium' devices and get not-so-premium services.

?

How many pula is 'Find my iPhone' worth? One pula, two pula, three pula..., stacks of pula?

Thanks!

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3, Find my iPhone

Posted on Jun 22, 2013 12:24 AM

4 replies

Jun 22, 2013 4:46 AM in response to dragosavram01

Find my phone is also dangerous. Imagine someone steals your phone and you go there, cause you think your life is cheaper then iPhone and then get killed or hurt. It can also be significantly improved if Apple would send police squad with you, but Apple doesn't. Why? Cause. Apple is not police, nor is that a GPS company. It placed G P S cheep inside the tracking is done by other companies.

Jun 22, 2013 8:00 AM in response to dragosavram01

You talk about having the "app" installed on the iphone. The Find My iPhone app is generally used to track other devices, it does not turn on the service. For that you need to go to settings>icloud, scroll and turn on Find My iPhone.

You mention the maps and that the device is far from its real location. This may depend on which country you're in. Since very few users report map problems like yours, it's possible that you are an outlier. Don't assume everyone has the same problem. You might take it to an apple store to see if there may be a hardware problem.

And what "premium" service are you refering to? iCloud is free.

Jun 22, 2013 8:56 AM in response to pvonk

The 'find my phone' is on in settings... Otherwise I wouldn't be here! Regarding the country I don't think that it is a good argument because Apple sells handsets therefore they should make sure ALL functionalities work... otherwise they should just NOT sell them! But ALL money is great *** far as the services do not require investment - or they are absolutely **** to begin with

Find my iPhone is useless!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.