Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Loading an ipad for someone else?

We bought an ipad as a gift for friends in Ethiopia. Since internet connection can be spotty at times there, could we load a few useful apps on it before gifting it to them. If we use our own apple id can they then set up their own id and still keep the apps? Thanks

iPad 2, (4th generation)

Posted on Jun 22, 2013 6:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2013 8:29 AM

Technically they can keep the apps but they will have issues updating them, especially with different countries involved. Also, not all apps are available everywhere.

At the very least, make them an apple ID and set it up with that so at least the ID remains the same. I don't know enough about country issues to know if they can transfer that ID from one country to another or not. I just know that multiple countries and multiple ID's can make things very tricky.

I would almost suggest that you call Apple themselves (there's a 'contact us' link at the bottom of this page) and see what they say.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2013 8:29 AM in response to sarahcv

Technically they can keep the apps but they will have issues updating them, especially with different countries involved. Also, not all apps are available everywhere.

At the very least, make them an apple ID and set it up with that so at least the ID remains the same. I don't know enough about country issues to know if they can transfer that ID from one country to another or not. I just know that multiple countries and multiple ID's can make things very tricky.

I would almost suggest that you call Apple themselves (there's a 'contact us' link at the bottom of this page) and see what they say.

Loading an ipad for someone else?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.