Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to download purchased music onto my iPad but it says error every time, with every song. Why is this?

I previously purchased songs from my iPhone but I now can't download it to my iPad mini. It keeps coming up with a message say error please retry

iPad

Posted on Jun 22, 2013 10:19 AM

7 replies

Jun 24, 2013 12:28 PM in response to BALDWIN13

Hi Baldwin13,

Sorry to hear you are having issues downloading songs you have purchased to your iPad mini.

One thing I would suggest is to transfer your purchased content from the iPhone to your computer. Then you can re-sync your iPad Mini to your iTunes Library on the computer.

iTunes Store: Transferring purchases from your iOS device or iPod to a computer

If you want to transfer iTunes Store purchases from an iOS device or iPod to a computer, be sure to authorize the computer before connecting the device. After connecting your device to the computer and its icon appears in iTunes, go to the File menu, then Devices, and choose Transfer Purchases from "(Your device name)".

Or, you can Show Sidebar from the View menu, and then right-click (Windows or Mac) or Control-click (Mac only) your device in the iTunes Source list, then choose Transfer Purchases from the shortcut menu that appears.

Please note that this feature works only for items that were purchased on the iTunes Store. Any items imported from audio CDs or acquired from other sources will not copy from your device to the iTunes library. Please see this article for more details.

Next, I would Reset the iPad Mini:

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button together for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

Then follow the instructions below:

Can't connect to the iTunes Store

Troubleshooting on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you haven't been able to connect to the iTunes Store:

• Make sure that your iOS software is up to date by connecting your iOS device to iTunes and clicking on Check for Update in your device's Summary page in iTunes.
  • Check and verify that you are in range of a Wi-Fi router or base station. If you are on a 3G capable device, make sure that cellular data is turned on fromSettings > General > Cellular.

Note: If connected to 3G, larger items may not download. You may need to connect to Wi-Fi to download apps, videos, and podcasts.

Note: All iPhone, and iPod touch models support 802.11b/g Wi-Fi networks. In addition, iPhone 4, and iPod touch (4th generation) support 802.11n Wi-Fi networks (2.4 GHz only).

Hopefully, these steps will resolve your issue.

Have a great day!

- Judy

Jun 24, 2013 2:56 PM in response to BALDWIN13

Hi BALDWIN13,

Sorry, I didn't realize you had lost your iPhone.

You can certainly redownload any purchases you have made to your iOS device or computer.

This article will explain how:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

If you continue to have trouble accessing your purchased content, follow the steps below:

How to report an issue with your iTunes Store, App Store, Mac App Store, or iBookstore purchase

1. Find the email receipt for your purchase.
  2. Click Report a Problem under the app that is having the issue.
  3. When prompted, enter the Apple ID and password you used to purchase the item, then click Report a Problem.
  4. Click Report a Problem next to the item you are having an issue with.
  5. From the Choose Problem dropdown menu, choose the appropriate issue.
  6. Follow the onscreen instructions and—if prompted—type a description of the problem into the text field.
  7. Click Submit to have your issue reviewed.

Cheers,

Judy

Dec 27, 2013 11:11 PM in response to BALDWIN13

Maybe the following method can help you transfer purchased songs from iPhone to computer:

1. Launch the Coolmuster iPhone iPad iPod to computer transfer software and connect your iPhone/iPad to the computer with the USB cable.

2. The software will bring out all the contents in your iPhone/iPad and you can preview and select the purchased items you want to share.

3. Click the "Export" button to save the selected purchases to your computer.

Feb 10, 2015 1:01 AM in response to BALDWIN13

Hi friends, you can't sync iPhone music to pc directly. You can have a try MobiKin Assistant for iOS. It can transfer music from iPhone to computer easily. There are some steps to move music from iPhone to computer

Step 1: Download, install and run the program on computer

First, you need to install iTunes to your computer. Then connect iPhone to pc through USB data cale. The program will automatic detected and scan your iPhone device.

Step 2: Preview and choose music as you like

Click different button to preview and choose music as you like. There is a quickly search function. You can find the target music by the function. Wait to export.

Step 3: Export music from iPhone to computer

Click "Export" button to export and save songs from iPhone to computer. That's all. Hope this helps!

I am trying to download purchased music onto my iPad but it says error every time, with every song. Why is this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.