Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook air cannot access files on SD after being used on PC

I have a macbook air mountain lion. I used to have no problem importing pictures from my SD card to my macbook. Recently, I let my friend borrow my SD card to drag pictures from it onto his PC. Now when I insert the SD card into my macbook, I cannot access anything in it. How can I convert it so that my macbook can access the files? Thanks.

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Jun 22, 2013 10:04 AM

1 reply

Jun 24, 2013 12:26 PM in response to woojinmjoo

Hi woojinmjoo,

You may want to check the card to make sure it hasn't been reformated in an incompatible format. The following article may be helpful:

Apple Support: About the SD and SDXC card slot

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3553

Can I use OS X to see the specifications for the interface hardware and media inserted in the SD card slot?

Yes. The System Profiler should provide information on the interface hardware and the media you inserted into the slot. To access the System Profiler, choose About This Mac from the Apple () menu. Click More Info, then select USB in the Hardware section. A list of USB devices should appear. Select Internal Memory Card Reader to access information about the interface hardware and the media inserted into the SD card slot.

Regards,

- Brenden

Macbook air cannot access files on SD after being used on PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.