Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have purchased several books on tape via my computer and now want to sync them to my ipod....I can't find the appropriate buttons to do that. Also though I have receipts for books purchased they are not showing up on my Itune purchased list. HELP!!

I have purcase several audio books via Itunes and they are on my computer however I have been unable to figure out how to transfer (sync??) them to my Ipod. Also I have receipts for several Itune audio books but they are not showing up on my purchased list. Help!!!

iPod touch, i

Posted on Jun 22, 2013 2:20 PM

3 replies

Jun 22, 2013 2:25 PM in response to mhpeton

Make sure that they are in your iTunes Books library. Import them if necessary

Then connect the iPod to your computer and go to the Music pane for the iPod in iTunes and make sure that sync audio books box is checked. Then sync.

Presently audio books are not redownloadable for free and that is why they ae not in the Purchases section.

Jun 22, 2013 4:32 PM in response to mhpeton

If iTunes still carries the books, they ARE available to download from the cloud, either to the computer or your iPod Touch directly.

Open iBooks on the device and tap on 'purchased'.

download.

iTunes does not garentee to carry a book forever, a serious flaw. If you can't find the book in iTunes anymore and didn't keep it on the computer, or backed up, it may be gone.

To add audio books to the iPod;

you have to check the box at the bottom section of the Books screen that says, "sync audio books"

Jun 23, 2013 3:21 AM in response to lizdance40

lizdance40, audio books are NOT available for redownload. Books with words areavailable for redownload.

See:

http://www.tuaw.com/2013/04/03/audiobooks-are-not-backed-up-by-icloud-can-only-b e-downloaded-o/

In the future please do not post incorrect information

lizdance40 wrote:

If iTunes still carries the books, they ARE available to download from the cloud, either to the computer or your iPod Touch directly.

Open iBooks on the device and tap on 'purchased'.

download.

iTunes does not garentee to carry a book forever, a serious flaw. If you can't find the book in iTunes anymore and didn't keep it on the computer, or backed up, it may be gone.

To add audio books to the iPod;

you have to check the box at the bottom section of the Books screen that says, "sync audio books"

I have purchased several books on tape via my computer and now want to sync them to my ipod....I can't find the appropriate buttons to do that. Also though I have receipts for books purchased they are not showing up on my Itune purchased list. HELP!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.