Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery life decreasing whilst on charge

My iPhone 4s is plugged into the charger, and it clearly states that it is on charge, but the battery life has continued to decrease so much that it has turned off, but it won't turn back on as it has too low of a charge, but it says that it is charging. HELP.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jun 22, 2013 3:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2017 4:14 AM

I have the same problem. My iphone 6plus had only 3% battery life so I charge it, after a while it decreases to 1%. I trun it off and plug 8 again. The screen indicates that it is charging yet my phone is still dead even after an hour! What should I do?

9 replies

Mar 22, 2017 6:13 AM in response to Xhanrox

I had battery issues much like you had described. I downloaded an app called "Battery Percentage: check device's runtimes"..its free and on the app store. The app said my battery is "BAD", I took it to the Apple store and they ran a diagnostic and sure enough, the battery was on its last legs.

This will at least tell you if you have a battery issue or not and to get it to an Apple store for a new battery

Sep 16, 2017 11:44 AM in response to Xhanrox

I am using iphone 6s and same issue with my phone, if i connect original 1 metre lightning cable the phone says its charging but the battery power is draining to less and off the phone BUT if i used 3 metre lightning cable the iphone starts charging as earlier and the problem has been resolved. But the query is still exist why the iphone 6s is not charging with original 1 metre lightning cable and why its working with 3 metre cable?

Sep 16, 2017 11:48 AM in response to kschiff

I am using iphone 6s and same issue with my phone, if i connect original 1 metre lightning cable the phone says its charging but the battery power is draining to less and off the phone BUT if i used 3 metre lightning cable the iphone starts charging as earlier and the problem has been resolved. But the query is still exist why the iphone 6s is not charging with original 1 metre lightning cable and why its working with 3 metre cable?

Jun 22, 2013 3:20 PM in response to JuddCrotch

Double-press the HOME button, hold any icon in the tray that opens on the bottom of the screen until "-" appears on the icons, then tap the "-" on each app to close it. When done reboot the phone by holding the HOME and SLEEP buttons until an Apple logo appears.

If this does not resolve the problem try a different charger (I assume you are using an Apple charger, and not some cheap aftermarket one). As a last restore restore the phone using iTunes as a New phone - do not reload your backup. If the problem persists you need a new battery.

Battery life decreasing whilst on charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.