Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 4S won't change orientation from portrait to landscape even though its portrait orientation is unlocked? I got it two days ago and it has always been this way? Do I need to get a new one or can I fix it?

So it is new (two days old I got it on the 20th of June) and the orientation of the screen will not change from portrait. I have looked at the lock in the multitasking bar and unlocked it and still nothing changes. YouTube, photos, texts, nothing works. Siri has also been blacking out while I use her so do I need a replacement for this defective phone? I got it from RadioShack Thursday. On a totally unrelated note does using your phone while charging it damage the battery? Anyway thanks

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.4, Brand new two days old

Posted on Jun 22, 2013 5:36 PM

5 replies

Jul 7, 2013 6:21 PM in response to Sammyxan

Double tap the home button, swipe over to the right you will see on the left side a square and inside the square there is a circle with an arrow on the end if you see a lock in the center of it that means your screen is locked. To unlock just tap the square and the lock will disappear. I hope this helps. Good Luck!

Nov 25, 2013 8:35 AM in response to Sammyxan

Just a note: On the latest update for IPhone4-You pull up from bottom of screen and you will see a lot of options. There is a flashlight, a calculator...and a place to lock and unlock your portrait feature! The above solution didn't work for me so I am thinking it was on an older version. Who knows? Just thought I would add this suggestion in case anyone else was having a problem. You might give this a try!

My iPhone 4S won't change orientation from portrait to landscape even though its portrait orientation is unlocked? I got it two days ago and it has always been this way? Do I need to get a new one or can I fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.