Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2, iPhone4 will not connect to wifi network. However, my Mac desktop connects perfectly. I can't figure out why?

Hi, I cannot get my iPad 2, iPhone4 (nor husbands HTC One) to connect to my wifi network. However, my Mac desktop connects perfectly. On the other devices I just get an error message saying that Safari cannot connect to the internet. This has been going on for a few days so I've tried all the fixes I can find on the web (restarting modem/router, forgetting netork settings, etc), but nothing seems to work. I've done all the latest updates on my devices. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jun 22, 2013 8:24 PM

1 reply

Jun 25, 2013 6:45 AM in response to Csmo2013

Hello Csmo2013,

Since multiple devices from different manufacturers are having the same issue, I think it would be a good idea to test the mobile devices on a different network to see if they work. That way you can isolate the issue to being with the router/modem or not. I see you have already restarted the router/modem, and forgot the network settings on the devices, but allow me to offer this article for assistance.

iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1398

This section in particular:

Unable to access the Internet while connected to Wi-Fi

• If you are using a public or commercial network that requires a login or subscription, see this article for more information.
  • Check to see if you have a self-assigned IP address:
    1. Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and locate the Wi-Fi network to which you are connected. Then tap >.
    2. If your IP address is 169.254.xxx.xxx, see this article.
  • If you do not have a self-assigned IP address, see if other Wi-Fi devices on your network have Internet access.
    • If they do not, consult with your network administrator or ISP for further assistance.
    • If they do, reset network settings on your device by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Note: This will reset all network settings including: previously connected Wi-Fi networks and passwords, recently used Bluetooth accessories, VPN and APN settings.

Cheers,

Sterling

iPad 2, iPhone4 will not connect to wifi network. However, my Mac desktop connects perfectly. I can't figure out why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.