Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What to do when WiFi doesn't work anywhere except, of course, the Apple store?

Alright, here's my situation.

iPhone 5. Yes, WiFi is turned on. My password is correct, and my router at home works for all other connected iPhones. Neither resetting the network settings nor renewing the lease works. Sometimes it connects to the WiFi, but nothing will load so it just defaults back to LTE. It hasn't worked at all except for a few random times, no idea why. I took it to the nearest AT&T store and it didn't work there either, but they referred me to Apple because it's a warranty issue. And, like a miracle, the WiFi works at the Apple store. Of course. The genius tells me to do the steps above and it still does not work.

It has to be something wrong with the phone, right? Or is there some special trick any of you have found? Anything would help me out!

Thank you.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jun 22, 2013 10:01 PM

1 reply

Jun 25, 2013 7:05 AM in response to sarahthescientist

Hi, sarahthescientist.

Thank you for the question. Sometimes a simple power cycle of the router can correct the issue that you are experiencing. However, the issue could be a little more complex. Wi-Fi routers need adjustments to settings periodically for optimized performance with the constant progression of wireless device technology. Below, I have included two articles. The first article will cover basic Wi-Fi troubleshooting regarding iOS device connection. The second article cover the recommended settings for current Wi-Fi access points.

iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1398

iOS and OS X: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4199

Cheers,

Jason H.

What to do when WiFi doesn't work anywhere except, of course, the Apple store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.