Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slideshow of mixed .pdf and jpeg files

I have a folder that has both JPEG and .pdf files that I have scanned. I would like to show them in a slideshow format. Is there some way I can do this. I have iPhoto '11 which seems to only accept JPEG files.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jun 22, 2013 11:10 PM

3 replies

Jun 22, 2013 11:49 PM in response to lburech

iPhoto doesn't support pdf, only Jpeg. You can convert pdf to Jpeg with Preview or any number of apps - Graphic Converter, for instance.

There are many other slideshow apps, though I have no idea if they will support pdf. It's not really a standard format for images.

Alternatives to iPhoto's slideshow include:

iMovie, on every Mac sold.

Others, in order of price: PhotoPresenter $29

PhotoToMovie $49.95

PulpMotion $129

FotoMagico $29 (Home version) ($149 Pro version, which includes PhotoPresenter)

Final Cut Pro X $299

It's difficult to compare these apps. They have differences in capability - some are driven off templates. some aren't. Some have a wider variety of transitions. Others will have excellent audio controls. It's worth checking them out to see what meets your needs. However, there is no doubt that Final Cut Pro X is the most capable app of them all. You get what you pay for.

Jun 23, 2013 9:52 AM in response to lburech

You can get the pdf files into iPhoto as jpegs as follows:

1 - open the pdf file in Preview.

2 - type Command+P to start the print process.

3 - click on the PDF button and select "Save PDF to iPhoto".

User uploaded file

Note: If you don't have that option go to Toad's Cellar and download these two files:

Save PDF to iPhoto 200 DPI.workflow.zip

Save PDF to iPhoto 200 DPI.workflow.zip

Unzip the files and place in the HD/Library/PDF Services folder and reboot.

4 - select either of the files above (300 dip is used for photos to be included in a book that will be ordered).

5 - in the window that comes up enter an album name or select an existing album and hit the Continue button.

User uploaded file

That will create a 200 or 300 dpi jpeg file of the item being printed and import it into iPhoto. Use the 300 dpi if the image is to be included in a book.

OT

Slideshow of mixed .pdf and jpeg files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.