Skip navigation

Slideshow of mixed .pdf and jpeg files

411 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 23, 2013 11:46 PM by lburech RSS
lburech Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Jun 22, 2013 11:10 PM

I have a folder that has both JPEG and .pdf files that I have scanned.  I would like to show them in a slideshow format.  Is there some way I can do this.  I have iPhoto '11 which seems to only accept JPEG files.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)
  • Terence Devlin Level 10 Level 10 (121,655 points)
    Jun 22, 2013 11:49 PM (in response to lburech)

iPhoto doesn't support pdf, only Jpeg. You can convert pdf to Jpeg with Preview or any number of apps - Graphic Converter, for instance.

There are many other slideshow apps, though I have no idea if they will support pdf. It's not really a standard format for images.

Alternatives to iPhoto's slideshow include:

iMovie, on every Mac sold.

Others, in order of price: PhotoPresenter  $29

PhotoToMovie  $49.95

PulpMotion  $129

FotoMagico $29 (Home version) ($149 Pro version, which includes PhotoPresenter)

Final Cut Pro X $299

It's difficult to compare these apps. They have differences in capability - some are driven off templates. some aren't. Some have a wider variety of transitions. Others will have excellent audio controls. It's worth checking them out to see what meets your needs. However, there is no doubt that Final Cut Pro X is the most capable app of them all. You get what you pay for.

• Old Toad Level 10 Level 10 (113,070 points)
    Jun 23, 2013 9:52 AM (in response to lburech)

You can get the pdf files into iPhoto as jpegs as follows:

1 - open the pdf file in Preview.

2 - type Command+P to start the print process.

3  - click on the PDF button and select "Save PDF to iPhoto".

iP11print2pdf.png

Note:  If you don't have that option go to  Toad's Cellar and download these two files:

Save PDF to iPhoto 200 DPI.workflow.zip

Save PDF to iPhoto 200 DPI.workflow.zip

Unzip the files and place in the HD/Library/PDF Services folder and reboot.

4 - select either of the files above (300 dip is used for photos to be included in a book that will be ordered).

5 - in the window that comes up enter an album name or select an existing album and hit the Continue button.

Mail001.jpg

That will create a 200 or 300 dpi jpeg file of the item being printed and import it into iPhoto. Use the 300 dpi if the image is to be included in a book.

OT

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.