Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWork iCloud - no sync between Mac and iCloud

I have a Problem with the iCloud Sync between my Mac and the cloud.

It doesn't work, even if I disable and re-enable the "Documents in the Cloud" Option in the System Preferences.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Should I re-enable it again?

User uploaded file

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jun 23, 2013 4:36 AM

3 replies

Jun 23, 2013 8:48 AM in response to roberthre

In what way does syncing not work? When in Pages for example if you try opening a file in icloud (as your image shows) does it not open, does a file you know exists not appear in the finder, etc. ? And at what end is the sync not working. Is an iOS device being used too? (you need an iOS version of Pages on a device for the mac connection to iWork to work correctly) And does it not work?

Jun 23, 2013 9:08 AM in response to pvonk

The sync between iCloud and the Mac doesn't work. If I put an document at icloud.com in iCloud, it syncs to my iOS Device, but not on my Mac. And If i save a document from my Mac in iCloud, i can open it on my mac but it doesn't appear in iCloud on the Web or my iDevice.

When I re-activate the "Documents in the Cloud" Option on my Mac, it syncs again.

I think the Problem is the "udb" process. After re-enableing the CPU usage rises up, and it works.

Then I reboot my Mac and it doesn't sync again! The "udb" process is running, but the cpu usage is normal.

Aug 25, 2013 7:03 AM in response to roberthre

I am experiencing exactly the same. There is no sync between the Mac and my iCloud. In the "open" window all files changed on the Mac have the status "waiting" and are not uploaded to the cloud. With iOS devices everything works fine. I am sure it's just a process on the Mac that's not working as expected, but I have no clue how to fix it.

iWork iCloud - no sync between Mac and iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.