Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Retina MacBook Pro freezing, graphical glitches and now completely dead.

Hi all!

I'm experiencing a major issue with my MacBook Retina 15"

In February, I had keys falling off, top case, keyboard and battery were replaced.

A couple of weeks ago I had freezing and crashing issues, then the screen went dead. Logic board was replaced.

Tonight, for hours I've had constant slow performance, freezing, crashing (your computer restarted because of an issue), then extreme graphical glitching and artefacts (flickering lines and dots, nothing viewable on screen) and an unresponsive computer. After a restart, the MacBook is now completely dead. No chime, no fans, nothing. Tried SMC reset, nothing. Plugged in the charger, I get an orange light but still the computer will not turn on or respond to anything.

I'm getting kind of tired of having to get this expensive machine repaired, and becoming fearful of losing data. (I have a time machine backup, but still.)

It's gotten to the point where I doubt the reliability of this machine since it's performing poorly and having several major failures in such a short space of time.

I'll be making an appointment with an Apple genius tomorrow to discuss the issue. Would a replacement of the machine be warranted? No damage has been done to the machine on my part, not even a mark on it.

Cheers,

Aidan.

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1), 256GB, 8GB, 2.3GHz

Posted on Jun 23, 2013 7:08 AM

4 replies

Jul 7, 2013 6:49 PM in response to ninose

Unless you bought it the first day it was available ir probably still within the one year warranty period. So take it into a apple store to be fixed under the warranty and I suggest you buy the Applecare extended warranty before your one year warranty runs out.

Nicholas Natteau1 wrote:

Exact same problem here. My macbook pro retina started shutting down during startup repeatedly, then I started experiencing freezing and graphical glitches. Now it's completely dead.

Retina MacBook Pro freezing, graphical glitches and now completely dead.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.