Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display Title and Place in Slideshow - iPhoto 09

Hi there

I plan on going through about 1200 photos from a recent overseas trip and filling in the following fields:

Title

Photo Place

Is it possible to display both of these fields when creating a slideshow? Or do I need to include the place in the title? For example

Drawbridge - Chateau de Pierrefonds, Mairie, France

Obviously this will make the titles very long (and in my opinion unattractive) - is there a character limit? Will the Titles be trunkated in the slideshow?

Also, is there a way to display the slideshow on either my Android Tablet or Windows laptop without the need to connect to the internet?

Any advice and/or suggestions is much appreciated.

Cheers

Cathy

Desktop

OS 10.6.8

iPhoto 09 (V8.1.2)

Portable

Samsung P1000 Tablet Asus 1201 Laptop

Firmware 2.2 Windows XP Home

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 23, 2013 7:37 AM

2 replies

Jun 23, 2013 7:46 AM in response to thecat131

The iPhoto slideshow will only show the title field.

Alternatives to iPhoto's slideshow include:

iMovie, on every Mac sold.

Others, in order of price: PhotoPresenter $29

PhotoToMovie $49.95

PulpMotion $129

FotoMagico $29 (Home version) ($149 Pro version, which includes PhotoPresenter)

Final Cut Pro X $299

It's difficult to compare these apps. They have differences in capability - some are driven off templates. some aren't. Some have a wider variety of transitions. Others will have excellent audio controls. It's worth checking them out to see what meets your needs. However, there is no doubt that Final Cut Pro X is the most capable app of them all. You get what you pay for.

The only way at all to display the slideshow on those devices is to export it from whatever app you choose. This will make a Movie of it. That you can then bring to the other devices.

Jun 23, 2013 7:47 AM in response to thecat131

Places is not a text field - it adds the GPS coordinates of a place to the EXIF data of the photo so to display it is a slide show you need to use a slide show template that includes it - travel does (it may be the only one) but does not include it on each slide - rather it shows a map with the places for a group of slides

To show a sliode show on other platforms you export as a QuickTime movie and you must have QT avvailable and installed on the traget system - QT is available for Windows - no idea abotu Android

LN

Display Title and Place in Slideshow - iPhoto 09

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.