Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to not use side switch or mute

How do you not use lock rotation or mute at the same time, my iPad only lets me do one at a time, and I don't want mute but I want my iPad to be able to rotate, is there a setting to get rid of both? I have IPad with retina display (newest)

iPad, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jun 23, 2013 11:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2013 11:48 AM

The function that isn't being controlled by the side switch above the volume control is instead controlled via the left-hand end of the taskbar - so if the switch on the side of the iPad is controlling rotation lock, then double-click the home button to open the taskbar at the bottom of the iPad's screen, swipe that to the right, and the icon at the left-hand end of that will be for notification mute.

If you want both 'off', then make sure that the switch on the side is off, and the icon at the elft-hand end of the taskbar is 'off'.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2013 11:48 AM in response to Rookie239

The function that isn't being controlled by the side switch above the volume control is instead controlled via the left-hand end of the taskbar - so if the switch on the side of the iPad is controlling rotation lock, then double-click the home button to open the taskbar at the bottom of the iPad's screen, swipe that to the right, and the icon at the left-hand end of that will be for notification mute.

If you want both 'off', then make sure that the switch on the side is off, and the icon at the elft-hand end of the taskbar is 'off'.

How to not use side switch or mute

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.