Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

syncing more than one album

i want to sync more than one album from my computer, but when i sync more than one, it deletes the one i have just synced, and erases the last one, i use windows 7.

thanks if someone can help.

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jun 23, 2013 1:40 PM

6 replies

Jun 23, 2013 2:22 PM in response to lewis010300

Do you have more than one photo album or folder available under the Photos tab for your iPhone sync preferences with iTunes to select, or do you have a single album or folder selected for sync photos from?

If you manually manage photo storage on your PC, create what will be a parent folder to store the named folders of photos that you want transferred to your iPhone. Place the folders of photos in the newly created parent folder. Select the parent folder under the Photos tab for your iPhone sync preferences with iTunes followed by a sync. The folders of photos within the parent folder will be transferred to your iPhone as seprate albums. To add a new album to your iPhone, place the folder of photos in the parent folder on your PC followed by a sync. To remove an album from your iPhone, move the folder of photos out of the parent folder on your PC followed by a sync.

Jun 23, 2013 2:41 PM in response to Allan Sampson

on my itunes, i plug my iphone in, then i click on the tab 'photos' then it says sync photos from..

so i choose the folder from my computer where the photos are then they go to my phone. but then i cant put more folders on my phone, i still dont understand what you mean? you need to explain to me like i am 5 years old as i get confused. Can you explain step by step if thats possible?

i can either choose 'all folders' or 'selected folders' but it wont let me click on selected folders, what do you mean by a parent folder, do i have to create that from my phone or computer. if i create it from my phone do i just call the folder 'parent folder'

sorry i am using your time

thank you so much :-)

Jun 23, 2013 2:46 PM in response to lewis010300

You're welcome.

You create a new and empty what I'm calling a Parent folder on your computer.

Place the named folders of photos in this new Parent folder that you want transferred to your iPhone as separate albums.

Select this new Parent folder under the Photos tab for your iPhone sync preferences with iTunes for Sync Photos From followed by a sync. The folders of photos in this Parent folder on your computer will be transferred to your iPhone as separate albums.

syncing more than one album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.