Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to capture from Sony Z1 to 2009 macbook

Hi, i've been shooting, editing for years on a variety of cameras. I have an event this week and im shooting on a SonyZ1. I usually capture to an external drive via a firewire 400 lead with an 800 adaptor, to my imac. That has always worked fine. What i want to do on this event, is capture each days rushes as i go along to do quick edits. Except, i am only able to take my macbook with me. This only has usb.

I have an external drive that has firewire 800 connections and a small usb connection. What i tried was to hook up the z1 to the external by mounting the drive on the macbook with the usb-usb mini cable i have. Drive is recognised. When i switch the camera on, and connect the camera to the macbook via the firewire 400 cable with 800 adaptor, final cut isn't able to recognize in the capture.

Has anyone got any advice, it would be a big help.

Even if it's don't try it, it will save me a lot of time!

Thanks

Jenny

Posted on Jun 23, 2013 2:40 PM

There are no replies.

Trying to capture from Sony Z1 to 2009 macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.