Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I transfer photos from my HTC One S to my iMac?

I am hoping somebody out there can help me once and for all!!

I want to do what should be a simple task- transferring my photos from my HTC One S to my iMac. I have tried downloading the (useless) HTC Sync Manager which is supposed to allow the HTC One S and the iMac to communicate but I STILL can't get my photos across from my phone to my computer. I don't want to put anything FROM the computer to my phone, I just need to know how to the basic operation of getting the pictures from the phone to the iMac. Eveyrtime I connect the phone via the USB lead, nothing happens apart from everything freezing up on the computer, I have to restart the iMac every time. It is so frustrating!!!!

I am not really technical or familiar with all of the various apps, software and technical terms so if somebody could help me to do this in a step by step way I would be so happy! (also, you would be helping to stop me throwing both the computer AND phone out of the window!!) 😠

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jun 23, 2013 2:21 PM

13 replies

Jul 19, 2013 7:08 AM in response to rachofthenorth

If the HTC has Bluetooth, turn it on. Then enable Bluetooth on the iMac from menu bar towards the top right by clicking on the Bluetooth logo and choosing Browse Device… . Connect to the HTC when it's found. You should then be able to navigate to the folder photos are stored in on the HTC and copy them to your iMac by dragging and dropping.

Jan 9, 2014 6:58 PM in response to rachofthenorth

Forget the HTC Sync Manager - it does nothing but lock up and crash everytime I use it.

Instead, get the official "Android File Transfer" application for Macintosh computers from Android. It opens up your Android device with something that looks just like a Finder, allowing you to copy/move/delete anything.

I was able to backup over 4 GB of photos and videos from HTC One S to my iMac and then delete them from my phone in a matter of minutes...

Oct 20, 2015 7:23 PM in response to rachofthenorth

There is no doubt that you can plug your HTC One into the iMac and the iMac or your computer will read your phone as a disk so you can handle the process of transferring just with the USB cable and drag the ideal files freely. However, you need to pay attention to that this way always allow media files to be switched. Thus, want some safe method, Mobile Transfer may offer hands to do this issue to transfer photos from HTC One S to iMac successfully.

Jan 4, 2016 9:21 PM in response to Kurt Lang

Kurt...you are genius!!!!

I have been struggling for over a year uploading to drop box, downloading to Mac desktop, importing to photo and get more and more irritable with this long winded process. I stumbled upon your suggestion of using blue tooth and am now able to drag directly into the photo program on my Mac....THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!

what happened to plugging a camera or phone in to your computer and importing directly from the preview pane in iPhoto.?

Mac's upgrade to yosemite has made photo using so cumbersome that it is no longer a pleasure to use.

Anyway, you have restored some peace of mind. Thank you again!🙂

Jun 12, 2016 10:29 PM in response to previewmod

I had dramas with my S5 just doing a simple task as this. Figured it was the argument between Samsung and Apple that caused it. Just got a HTC Desire and the first time I paired it up bluetooth, sent a file and it went through. Boom! thought I. the second time back to square 1. But in fiddling around I've found a very basic way to bring stuff onto your desktop.

Go to the dropdown list. Find the device and hit the browse option.

Brings up your phones folders. Find the file and just drag and drop.

Works for me.

how do I transfer photos from my HTC One S to my iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.