Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

dropped my wife's 5 year old laptop international "no" symbol comes up after "Apple" symbol and nothing happens. Tried swapping batteries. Time to get another?

Late 2009 Macbook black 2.4 Ghz I think.. Dropped it maybe 5 feet. When I boot it, the Apple logo comes on like always then 30 seconds later the International NO symbol for a minute or so then blank light blue screen. I happened to have another battery so for grins tried that. There are no large cracks so I think maybe something is loose but thought I'd check here first befoe taking to the Apple Store.

Thanks

MacBook, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8), 2009 2.4 Ghz Black Macbook

Posted on Jun 23, 2013 2:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2013 2:50 PM

You probably damaged the hard drive at least. Best to take it in and let them run a diagnostic on it.

6 replies

dropped my wife's 5 year old laptop international "no" symbol comes up after "Apple" symbol and nothing happens. Tried swapping batteries. Time to get another?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.