Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Support (Apple Mobile Device Service)

When Installing iTunes (Currently trying version 11.0.4, Other versions do the same thing), When trying to start services. I get an error every time.

Service "Apple Mobile Device" (Apple Mobile Device) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.

I'm given the option to Abort, Retry, or Ignore. Retry brings me to same problem. Ignore gives me a failed Apple Mobile Device so I cannot sync my iPhone 4.

I've been working on this for several hours. And could use any quick assistance possible. This works fine on my laptop. But it is rather vital for my main computer to use this as well. I have some files and registry files copied from the laptop if needed.

I've tried many things, but I'm willing to retry.

Please do not suggest "Run as Administrator" as well as "Start the service in Task Manager"

iPhone 4, Windows 7

Posted on Jun 23, 2013 4:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2013 10:34 PM

Nevermind. I finally fixed it myself.

1.) Uninstall ALL Apple Products

2.) Reboot Computer

3.) Run Internet Explorer (Need IE To Use Save As)

4.) Download Latest iTunes & And SAVE AS To Save iTunesSetup.exe or iTunes64Setup.exe DIRECTLY To Desktop

5.) Run iTunes Setup as Administrator

6.) Install with Default Settings

7.) Should now pass the Service Error

8.) When Install finishes (BEFORE HITTING FINISH) Plug in iOS Device. Then Select Finish

This is what finally worked for me.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2013 10:34 PM in response to 1chiro10

Nevermind. I finally fixed it myself.

1.) Uninstall ALL Apple Products

2.) Reboot Computer

3.) Run Internet Explorer (Need IE To Use Save As)

4.) Download Latest iTunes & And SAVE AS To Save iTunesSetup.exe or iTunes64Setup.exe DIRECTLY To Desktop

5.) Run iTunes Setup as Administrator

6.) Install with Default Settings

7.) Should now pass the Service Error

8.) When Install finishes (BEFORE HITTING FINISH) Plug in iOS Device. Then Select Finish

This is what finally worked for me.

iTunes Support (Apple Mobile Device Service)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.