Airplay quit working after I updated itunes to v. 11.04. I can see the airplay icon in both the mini-player and home screen. It shows the device in the listings but when I select it I receive unknown error -15000. All was fine until the upgrade. I'm running Windows 7. Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? Thanks.
The article below may be able to help you with this issue.
Click on the link below to see more details and screenshots.
I've quoted some helpful highlights for you:
Verify that your AirPlay-enabled devices have the most up-to-date software or firmware.
- Verify that your iOS device has Wi-Fi turned on. Enable Wi-Fi on your iOS device by going to Settings ]]> Wi-Fi.
- Verify that all your AirPlay-enabled devices are logged on to the same home Wi-Fi network (check the home network names on your devices to confirm).
- If trying to AirPlay, or AirPlay mirror, to your Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation), ensure that AirPlay is enabled on your Apple TV as well. You can enable or disable AirPlay on Apple TV in the AirPlay menu: Settings > AirPlay
- Check Internet or network connectivity on all affected devices.
- Temporarily disable firewalls (both network and local) and security software. Security software and firewalls may block ports that AirPlay uses to stream content. You can often resolve issues with security software by updating, correctly configuring, or uninstalling security software.
I hope this information helps ....
Have a great day!