Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud account

When I try to log in to my iCloud account I get an "Unsupported Apple ID" error. Why is this happening?

iCloud-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Jun 23, 2013 7:50 PM

1 reply

Jun 26, 2013 6:40 AM in response to Kevin Ortega

Hey Kevin,

I found the following information in an article that discusses troubleshooting steps for various issues that you might encounter when using your iCloud account:

I get an "Unsupported Apple ID" error when I try to sign in to iCloud from my iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.

Depending on how you created your Apple ID, you may not be able to create an iCloud account with your current Apple ID. If your Apple ID works in the iTunes Store, App Store, Game Center, FaceTime, or with other Apple Services, your Apple ID should work for iCloud. Also, if you created your Apple ID while you applied for a job at jobs.apple.com, your Apple ID should work for iCloud. If you cannot use your Apple ID with any Apple Services, it might not be compatible with iCloud. Contact iCloud Support for assistance.

iCloud: Account troubleshooting

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3988

Cheers,

David

iCloud account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.