Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want my photos back

traded in my iphone 3gs for iphone 5.... big gap of most current photos missing. they erased them from my old phone was told I could retrieve them from iCloud. cant find them anywhere.

iPhoto '11, iOS 6.1.4, retrieving photos from iCloud?

Posted on Jun 23, 2013 5:55 PM

4 replies

Jun 23, 2013 9:33 PM in response to Allan Eckert

Thanks for your imput Allan

told by AT&T when i traded in.

But also, unless I've misunderstood what apple states below, the photos on my old iphone should have automatically been sent to icloud, and added to my macbook air.

"iCloud is Apple’s service that stores your music, photos, apps, contacts, calendars, and more, and wirelessly pushes them to all your iOS devices and computers. iCloud integrates seamlessly with your apps, so everything happens automatically."

Jun 24, 2013 8:09 AM in response to joseyjoanne

joseyjoanne, have you made a backup of your old iPhone, when you synced it with iTunes, or a backup to iCloud? Then you could restore your new phone from the backup.

see: iCloud: Backup and restore overview

Léonie

"iCloud is Apple’s service that stores your music, photos, apps, contacts, calendars, and more, and wirelessly pushes them to all your iOS devices and computers. iCloud integrates seamlessly with your apps, so everything happens automatically."

This quote is slightly misleading and does not appear this way on Apple's pages any longer. iCloud can be a short term storage for photos, if you set up Photo Stream, but it is intended for sharing photos between devices, not as a long term storage.

see: iCloud: Photo Stream FAQ

I want my photos back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.