Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

accidentally clicked on forget device in airport utility

Hello, I accidentally clicked on "Forget Device" in the network mapping for an Airport Extreme that was malfuctioning. I was able to fix it using a secondary Mac on my network, but my Macbook Pro, I cannot see the airport extreme. How do I get the airport utility to "Unforget the device"?

I can access it by clicking on "File = enter IP Address (10.0.1.3) and Airport Extreme password. However the device does not show up Airport utility GUI mapping. When I click on "Other Wi-Fi Devices" I see "No remote Airport Base Stations Discovered" and it is greyed out.

Also when I connect via an ethernet connection I can see all of my devices mapped in the GUI. However I cannot see one device (the Airport Extreme that I accidentally clicked forget device) while I am connected to my network wirelessly.

It is a nuisance, but I'd like to see my Airport Extreme back in the GUI interface of Airport Extreme.

Thx for the help

AirPort Utility-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jun 23, 2013 6:30 PM

8 replies

Jun 25, 2013 10:58 PM in response to aquilesone

Hello,

I've got similar problem. I was configuring Airport Extreme (latest generation) and on saving and restarting base station Airport Utility returned error that it no more can access base station. After few restarts of Airport utility, turning on/off macs WIFI it still reported the same so i clicked on forget / dismiss or something similar.

As a result i can't see Extreme any more in utilities GUI on my mac, however i can connect to it using "Configure other" or from any of my other devices using normal utility GUI.

I suppose that there must be some file or something where these "forgotten" devices are stored or some procedure how to return it back in GUI.

Any input is welcome.

Thanks

Oct 26, 2014 8:36 PM in response to aquilesone

This worked for me:

• In Airport Utility, use File->Configure Other and enter your forgotten Airport Express/Extreme/Time Capsule's IP address (e.g. 10.0.1.1) and password
  • On the Base Station settings, check "Allow setup over WAN" (mine was previously unchecked)
  • Click Update to restart

After the restart, my forgotten Airport Extreme "magically" reappeared in Airport Utility.

Sep 20, 2015 4:11 PM in response to lbouchar

The general procedure helped me.

In the current version of Airport Utility, I did not see the "allow setup of WAN" option, and the Update is greyed out until something changes. I clicked on Internet>Internet Options, then without changing anything clicked Save, the I was then able to click Update. When the Airport Extreme rebooted, it did indeed "magically" reappear, along with an Airport Express connected to it

accidentally clicked on forget device in airport utility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.