Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot find raw files in events

Hi,

I have a project saved and I want to provide someone with the raw footage of the project but I can't find it. All I can see is the finished project with all my editing, cut ins etc. What has happened to the raw footage?

Thanks

Tracy

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Jun 24, 2013 1:29 AM

3 replies

Jun 24, 2013 8:00 AM in response to tractres

1) If your Project is still intact, does it look normal? Or are there yellow warning signs? If there are yellow warnings, you may be able to hover over the yellow warning and it will tell you where it expected to find the clips.

2) Right-click on a video clip in the Project and select SHOW IN FINDER (or REVEAL IN FINDER). Where does it take you?

3) Sometimes, for certain cameras, you can import into iPhoto or Aperture. In this case, there should be an item in your Event Library called iPhoto Events. You would find your clips in there.

4) If you deleted the Event, the Event and clips might still be in the Trash, unless you have emptied the trash.

5) If you have moved the Event folder using the Finder, iMovie will not know where they are. You should move them back to the Movies/iMovie Events folder and restart iMovie.

6) If you need to move Events or Projects to another drive, be sure to do it from within iMovie following these instructions. https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-4141

cannot find raw files in events

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.