Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Import mp4 from aperture to fcpx

Hi,

I asked this questions a little while ago but got no reponse and I find it hard to believe no one has had to import from FXPC to apertue before so I thought I'd ask again.

I have short video clips stored in Aperture 3. These are in standard .mp4 format (1280x720) from a point and shoot camera.

I want to import them into FCPX without exporting them from aperture to my harddrive and then back into FCPX as there are too many and the files are too big.

I can not use the import option within FCPX as the files are within the aperture.app library

I cannot drag them into the "event" as it won't allow it.

I "can" drag into the "project's timeline" and drag from the media browser direct into the timeline BUT then they never end up in my events folder that way and I have no control over them, harder to edit once they are all in the timeline.

What do I do.

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), IMAC 2009

Posted on Jun 24, 2013 1:38 AM

4 replies

Jun 24, 2013 7:19 AM in response to dan_801

dan_801 wrote:

Hi,

I asked this questions a little while ago but got no reponse and I find it hard to believe no one has had to import from FXPC to apertue before so I thought I'd ask again.

I have short video clips stored in Aperture 3. These are in standard .mp4 format (1280x720) from a point and shoot camera.

I want to import them into FCPX without exporting them from aperture to my harddrive and then back into FCPX as there are too many and the files are too big.

I can not use the import option within FCPX as the files are within the aperture.app library

I cannot drag them into the "event" as it won't allow it.

I "can" drag into the "project's timeline" and drag from the media browser direct into the timeline BUT then they never end up in my events folder that way and I have no control over them, harder to edit once they are all in the timeline.

What do I do.

First of all, you CAN add them to an event. Just drag onto the event name in the library, not to an empty space in the browser.

Second, you can also add them to a timeline when you need them. Just go get them from the media browser and edit them into the timeline. You don't drag "all" to a timeline, add precisely what you want.

Jun 24, 2013 8:11 AM in response to dan_801

dan_801 wrote:

Hi,

A small correction: You asked essentially the same question twice three days ago and you got two responses – both from Tom Wolsky, who told you then pretty much what he has told you in this thread.

Russ

Import mp4 from aperture to fcpx

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.