Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need wireless solution for macpro1,1 to connect to ipad

Hello,I am a musician/producer. I have a macpro1,1 (2006 i think) with no airport card running osx 10.6.8. The macpro is connectedto the internet via ethernet. Recently i bought an ipad to use as midi controller for logic pro. I would like to do this wirelessly via internet sharing or an ad-hoc net (most of my applications on the ipad have the ability to send and receive midi over wi-fi). Since i dont have an airport card on my macpro(and they seem very hard to find for my particular computer model) ) I would like to know if an airport express would solve my problem. I would also like to know if there is a better cost effective solution to connect both machines.

thanx in advance

Pedro Freixo

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 24, 2013 5:10 AM

2 replies

Jun 24, 2013 5:41 AM in response to Pedro Freixo

Any app on the iPad which has the ability to connect to the Mac over the network shouldn't care whether the Mac Pro is wireless or wired - provided your network is configured so that the iPad and Mac Pro are on the same subnet (basically their IP addresses need to be the same except for the last number). Have you tried using the controller app with the Mac Pro wired as it is?

Matt

Need wireless solution for macpro1,1 to connect to ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.