Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bugs in MACOSX Lion 10.7.5

I did upgrade to Lion OSX version 10.7.5 and I'm having several problems with crashes on my IMAC 22 Color I5 14GB RaM.

First is that I use VMWare and the previous version (10.7.4) all my OSes virtualized worked perfectly, from this version upgrade stopped everything. I have no backup nor the Time machime and would like to know if there is a possibility to download the 10.7.4 version of OSX Lion and install this version that was 100% stable and without any bug.

Brazil - MacOSX Lion - running on an IMAC 22 with 14GB Ram, 500GB HD, Intel i5.

ps: I'm 100% disappointed and perplexed at how the quality of Apple fell from the death of Steve Jobs, never buy anything from Apple.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jun 24, 2013 7:27 AM

19 replies

Jun 24, 2013 2:38 PM in response to m4r6i0

m4r6i0 wrote:

I did upgrade to Lion OSX version 10.7.5 and I'm having several problems with crashes on my IMAC 22 Color I5 14GB RaM.

Did you also install the Supplemental update for 10.7.5?

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1599?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

First is that I use VMWare and the previous version (10.7.4) all my OSes virtualized worked perfectly, from this version upgrade stopped everything.

Also don't use VMWare, so contact their developers

I have no backup nor the Time machime

You have Time Machine. If you choose to do no backups, then that is your choice but will lead you to situations such as this.

and would like to know if there is a possibility to download the 10.7.4 version of OSX Lion and install this version that was 100% stable and without any bug.

No. Not unless you have the 10.7.4 installer or a backup of your system from that time when you were runnng 10.7.4.

ps: I'm 100% disappointed and perplexed at how the quality of Apple fell from the death of Steve Jobs, never buy anything from Apple.

That is both your opinion and choice. That is why there is Windows as your alternative to Apple.

Good Luck

Pete

Jun 25, 2013 3:09 AM in response to petermac87

"That is both your opinion and choice. That is why there is Windows as your alternative to Apple."

I'm amazed how you were of great help telling me exactly what I already knew, and thus why I sought an alternative to this site my problem, but apparently it was not just the quality of Apple products that fell in the last two years, the quality of the people who buy these products also fell.

Thank you for your brilliant help.

Good Luck!

Jun 25, 2013 3:14 AM in response to babowa

Lord babowa, first thank you very much for your help.

I think yes maybe the alternative is to employ more money buying Time Machine, although some posts here also complain of problems in the backup slowness with version 10.7.5. What makes me angry is that this type of problem never happened in the time I have iMAC (6 years) and based on this principle was confident no need to back up an install of OSX version, it is quite common to Windows and seen is the first time I see happening with OSX.

Thank you.

Jun 25, 2013 8:08 AM in response to m4r6i0_1

Anyone with a computer should have a backup because:

computers are electronic parts which can develop hardware problems; hard drives can fail, RAM and/or many other parts can fail; software can become corrupted because some third party incompatible app was installed, so it needs to be reinstalled.

It was easier when the OS came on an install disk, but that was changed about two years ago. The backup now is via digital means now: you can wipe your drive and reinstall while in internet recovery (if your model is compatible with that). However, backup is not only for the OS, but for all of your files on the computer as well.

Time Machine has been part of the Mac OS for several years now. For any backup you do need an external hard drive. I choose to use a different backup method; but, the point is: I would never be without a backup knowing that I can recover my files at any time - I actually maintain 3 backups because all hard drives do fail at some point.

Jun 25, 2013 10:17 AM in response to babowa

My good friend, I agree with you but not totally.

The HD's today, though obviously can give some kind of defect with the time of use, but it is very rare to happen even be damaged by the failure to record, it was formerly more common. I keep up yes, but only data and not use the entire hard disk image including the operating system. Nowadays it is common computers come with the installation CD and Apple recently started with this practice, I totally disagree, as is my case where I have to install a version of Mac OSX which still suffers from many bugs. To give you a slight idea, it's been 5 hours I'm running disk utility to clean up the HD and then maybe install MAC OSX 10.7.5 again and hope everything right.

Still I am very grateful for the help.

Jun 25, 2013 1:23 PM in response to m4r6i0

m4r6i0 wrote:

I keep up yes, but only data and not use the entire hard disk image including the operating system.

I bet you wish you did a full backup now that you want to downgrade your system version.

Nowadays it is common computers come with the installation CD

Not for over two years from Apple and have never been given a Windows disc with a Windows PC.

To give you a slight idea, it's been 5 hours I'm running disk utility to clean up the HD

5 hours?? That is certainly indicative of a severe problem.

Jun 25, 2013 1:37 PM in response to Csound1

hello Csound1 okay?

my version of VMWare is 5:03 (latest version).

The problem I have is that when creating new VMs a bit before starting the installation of the operating system in the VM (eg Linux), while copying files to the virtual HD, it generates a system crash. This did not happen with version 10.7.4, so I had 4 VMs (including Windows 8) that worked without problems. After upgrading to 10.7.5 the VM's stopped working, and every time I try to do a new installation generates a crash on OSX forcing the computer to restart.

So I made up these VM's and ran on a Macbook that has not yet been updated to version 10.7.5 and it works perfectly with the VMWare version 5.03.

Bugs in MACOSX Lion 10.7.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.